2008-12-01

James Sallis Speaks

I first became aware of James Sallis in March of 1999. Jim was introduced to the Glendale Community College audience by Harlan Ellison at a talk Ellison was giving in Arizona.

I read and enjoyed Sallis's series of mysteries about Lew Griffin, a New Orleans private detective. In the Fall of 2004, I attended a short story class Sallis was conducting at Phoenix Community College and I've attended his classes each semester since that time. I credit Jim with any improvement I've made in my writing ability and hold him blameless for any mediocre writing on my part.

Below is an interview Barbara Peters of Poisoned Pen Press and Bookstore, in Scottsdale, Arizona conducted with James Sallis. Each part is approximately 10 minutes in length.


Part 1



Part 2



Part 3



Part 4



Part 5



Part 6

No comments:

Post a Comment

Got something to say? Please comment!