2007-02-25

Heroes & Villains of the Animated Kind

If you spent your childhood in the 1960's as I did your reward for a week toiling in the vineyards of the public school system was Saturday Morning Cartoons.

Bugs Bunny, Daffy Duck, Wile E. Coyote, and the like were funny, but even more important to a boy in his pre-teen years were the adventure cartoons. Three of my favorites were Space Ghost, Jonny Quest, and The Herculoids.

If you're from that period, watch these and relive your youth, and if you're a bit younger watch these and see what sparked the imagination of your father or grandfather. Enjoy!

Space Ghost, Intro


Space Ghost, End Credits


Jonny Quest, Brazilian Intro


Jonny Quest, Yesterday & Today


Herculoids, Intro


Herculoids--The Tiny World of Terror

2 comments:

  1. I think it would be great to show my grandchildren some of the cartoons of my youth. They could get an appreciation of the changes that have taken place, possibly both good and bad, in the production of cartoons. You really got into this blog.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Of course, I'm more interested in watching video about YOU, but I did enjoy this post. I loved Space Ghost and Johnny Quest cartoons when I was growing up, so it's always fun to see them.

    ReplyDelete

Got something to say? Please comment!